Introduction to Defensive Handgun
The Introduction to Defensive Handgun class gives students the information, skills, and mindset to carry and use a handgun for self defense. In this class, students will learn to use their handgun safely and quickly as is required in close-range, high-speed violent confrontations. This course should be considered a minimum for anyone who owns, or is considering to carry, a handgun for self defense.
The instruction given by the staff at Proper Defense is dynamic. While all of our classes have a structured curriculum (listed below), each class may vary depending on the students' level of proficiency. We encourage you to view the outline as an glimpse of what to expect; however, the topics covered may change.
- Holster Draw
- Varying Shooting Distances
- 3 Yards
- 5 Yards
- 7 Yards
- 15 Yards
- 1, 2 & 3
- Emergency, Administrative/Tactical & Speed
- Timed Pressure
- Multiple Advisaries
- Cover & Concealment
- Appropriate eye & ear protection
- Handgun & a minimum of three magazines
- Handgun & magazine holsters
- Ammo requirement is a minimum
- 500 rounds
- Weather appropriate, open-front cover-garment
- Button Down, Flannel, Zip Up Jacket, etc.
- An hour-long lunch is factored in to class time.
- Hamburg Rifle & Pistol Club
- Forge Dam Rd, Hamburg, PA 19526
- University Rifle Club
- 550 Schoffers Rd, Reading, PA 19606
- April 6th, 2020
- May 30th, 2020
- August 29th, 2020
- September 5th, 2020
- October 3rd, 2020
- WAS $239 / NOW $179
- Sale Ends May 15th